The Global Institute for core Values and Education (G.I.V.E.)
is housed at the Château de Pourtalès in Strasbourg. The Château de Pourtalès has been for centuries a place where the decision-takers of Europe in the 19th and 20th century came together to brainstorm, develop new ideas and create new models for a united Europe without borders and frontiers.
If you are enrolled in one of our semester programs, you are invited to our European Study Center in Strasbourg, France and take part in our 2-day International Symposium.
You will listen to presentations from keynote speakers, attend dynamic panel discussions, and can actively participate in dialogues with other students, scholars, politicians, and business leaders from Europe.
Topics vary from semester to semester, but will generally focus on Cross-Border Cooperation and Cross-Cultural Relations topics between North America and Europe.
The symposium is an extra opportunity for you to learn something new, to broaden your perspectives on important subjects, and to foster cultural understanding and communication during your semester abroad.
There is no additional cost for the trip or the symposium since it is already included in your semester program fees.
- Roundtrip transportation to Strasbourg (for ESC Heidelberg students)
- 1 night lodging in shared rooms. Breakfasts are included. (for ESC Heidelberg students)
- Field trips to the European institutions
- Invitation to participate in the symposium, including a light lunch.
- Evening reception and dinner the evening before the symposium (for ESC Heidelberg students)
- Certificate of Participation at the end of the symposium
Although the common languages of the symposium is English and French, many participants will speak or present in different native languages.
Castle-talks on Cross-Border Cooperation
by Birte Wassenberg
452 pages with 23 b/w illustrations and 6 tables
Read the summary: Flyer
Order here: www.steiner-verlag.de