European academics, political leaders, and experts on culture and policy address the key sociopolitical issues driving political polarization, peace, and stability, and challenges and opportunities in a post-Brexit Europe. An international panel of academics and experts discuss the current state of transatlantic relations, including debates over the future of a U.S.-led defensive alliance and the potential for an emerging multipolar international order.
- Understand sociopolitical issues Europe is facing.
- Gain cross-cultural and cross-curricular pespectives on critical topics across the European Union.
- Learn about the history, challenges and responsibilities of the EU institutions. Develop and strengthen professional skills of teamwork and cross-cultural project collaboration.
- Compare and contrast political culture and communication styles in specific regions with those in your home country.
- Critically reflect on individual learning and growth.
- Symposia with a focus on Cross-Border Cooperation and Cross-Cultural Relations topics between North America and Europe, e.g. Peace and Stability in Europe - with or without
NATO or the Strategic Role of China for the EU
- Presentation on “Migration and Mobility in Europe” by an UN expert to discuss the challenges and opportunities of the EU Immigration policies and practices
- Presentation on the Brexit by experts from the Council of Europe
- Live session to discuss the healthcare and crisis response in Europe with a focus on the current COVID-19 pandemic
- Recorded presentations and interviews of the EU Institutions explaining their responsibilities